Lucy's Reviews > Blood Warrior

bookshelves: received-for-review
Recommended to Lucy by: Goodreads group,
Recommended for: PNR fans,
Read from January 04 to 21, 2012

So when I first received this book for review, I was a little apprehensive. A lot of my goodreads friends loved this book and I was worried about not liking it myself. Although this debut carries many of the same tropes of many other YA novels, I found it really engaging and fun to read.
I loved the ending. Not only did it make me want more, come on Half Blood Soul, but it also really went against what I normally expect and feel a little frustrated at with YA novels : (view spoiler)
The story is quick paced, with very short chapters that I think could overall have combined in places, but worked generally. I think I personally would have liked more of Nelly, Jackson and Alexa on their own before they discovered the settlement, but the set-up there was interesting and I thought the group politics were well done and chilling in places.
I think while love triangles are really prevalent in YA at the moment, I kind of liked this one. That said I think I'm Team Jackson because I always like to root for the guy who liked someone from the start than the new person who just sweeps in. Both characters are engaging.
An engaging, fun read I do recommend. I look forward to more of HD Gordon's work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Warrior.

01/07/2012
01/07/2012
15.0% "Loving it so far!"
show 4 hidden updates…