Tiffany Neal's Reviews > Fever

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, young-adult-science-fiction
Read from March 10 to 11, 2012

Hmmm.

So conflicted. In some ways I want to give the book 1-2 stars. In other ways 3 or 4. For instance, it was a quick and suspenseful read. I found myself tearing through the pages to get to the end. The idea behind the plot line is unique/never-been-done before material. There are some places where the writing is amazing - others where it falls flat for me.

It's just kind of all over the place, and I can't determine whether or not the good outweighs the bad so I guess 3 stars.

Frustrations:
First of all, first person present can either infuriate me or I might not even notice it. For the first half of the book, it infuriated me.

I picked up the book at least 20 times and didn't make it past page 1.

Even though the book "seemed" to start right away with some action, it really didn't because (view spoiler)

For the whole basic point behind this book having to do with recreating and what these young generation kids have to do and put up with, Rhine somehow manages to escape a good majority of things. (view spoiler)

Speaking of her love, Gabriel. Dude. This guy KILLS me. He is the epitomy of non-existent personality. Why does she even like this guy? Ugh.

On to my next frustration: The state of mind that the characters are in at all times. Another total and complete cop out IMO. (view spoiler)

The last major frustration is that the lingering unanswered questions after reading Wither, which I actually did enjoy were still not answered, so that means that I either a)have to wait a year to find out or b)never find out because my questions may never be answered.

Should I or should I not read the next? I guess I can figure that out later- I've got some time...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.