Jess's Reviews > Shifting

Shifting by Bethany Wiggins

Jan 04, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal, shifters, young-adult, 2-stars, as-angsty-as-when-ed-dumped-bella, bad-romance, library, mythology, oy-vey, read-in-2012, romance
Read from January 04 to 05, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shifting.

01/04/2012 page 281
80.0% "The main character is not very smart." 1 comment
01/05/2012 page 326
92.0% ""And now that I'm able to tell you these things, you are choosing to die. I always knew you were strong willed... but I never thought you were selfish. So you realise that if you die, you are taking away the only thing that matters to me?" Ugh, what a dicky, unromantic love interest. Yes, because it's all about you isn't it. Completely disregard the fact that you fucking shot her yourself!"

Nafiza Isn't he just? I still think there's something shady about him that we're not being told.

Jess Yeah, I agree. It just seems so convenient that he's the nice guy all of a sudden. What about shooting her? What about ignoring her and ditching her at prom? (His reasons were so half-assed. I don't believe them at all).
Also, everyone kept telling Maggie May that he was dangerous. We didn't really see why. I'm sure we'll see it in the next book (if there is one?).

message 3: by Krystle (new)

Krystle I don't think there will be a sequel. The author said she wrote something else that's coming out next year. So... I'm guessing I should uh... remove this from my to-read list. LoL. It doesn't seem to be a satisfactory read.

Jess Oh, that's odd. I was assuming that there would be a sequel because the ending is so open that it's practically a cliff-hanger. There's not much of a conclusion at all. :-/

It was a quick and sorta fun read, but toward the end, it started getting boring. There's better books to read, imo.

Nafiza I could have sworn this was the first in a series. :\ And yeah, it was fun and the main character had potential until Bridger shows up. Ergh.