Claire's Reviews > Insurgent

6319899
Jul 06, 2016

bookshelves: read-in-2012, young-adult, dystopian-utopian, trilogies, owned
Read from July 19 to 26, 2012

I almost gave up on this book. The first half was filled with frustration. Veronica Roth didn't do a very good job of reminding us who the characters she was mentioning were. Who the hell is Peter? And who is Will? And Cara? I wish I could remember what their relationship with Tris was like from the last book.

I got over it though, and thank goodness, because I really enjoyed the story! And I'm left wanting to read the last book, like, now!

I don't really like Tris, to be honest. Over and over, she lied to Tobias, and he was like a puppy, totally in love with her. Somehow this lying to him and putting herself in suicidal situations is supposed to admirable? Yeah, not so much. Makes me want to slap the girl around a bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

07/19 page 20
4.0% "I can't for the life of remember the characters that Tris keeps moaning about. I wish Veronica Roth had written ANYTHING at the beginning to remind us of things she was going to repeat over and over."
07/24 page 260
50.0% "I'm over halfway through, and I'm still wishing that I could remember some of the character's that come up. But I am enjoying the story otherwise."
07/06 marked as: read