Alan's Reviews > The Hollows Insider

The Hollows Insider by Kim Harrison

Aug 06, 14

bookshelves: fiction-encyclopedia
Read from January 03 to 05, 2012

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. I'm more than a bit of a sucker for pop fictions guides, especially genre related encyclopedias. I have read the first in Harrison's Rachel Morgan books, and was a bit disappointed in it. Upon finding this at the library, I was hoping this tome would make me want to read more books in the series.

It didn't. It confirmed that many of the relationships that I felt were very predictable in the first book have happened, apparently in varying degrees to what I expected, but regardless it shows this series is even more predictable than Jim Butler's Dresden books (which I think have maybe jumped the shark but it took until book 13 for me there). I will give Harrison credit for fleshing out her world a little bit by providing how spells are made, and some background information on how society functions. Unfortunately, little is added about the series' main characters, too little to get me interested enough to pick up the books even from the library.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollows Insider.