Amanda's Reviews > First, Break All the Rules: What the World's Greatest Managers Do Differently

First, Break All the Rules by Marcus Buckingham

Jun 04, 12

bookshelves: business-books, to-buy
Read in June, 2012

Absolutely fabulous. Not only is this book data driven (always a favorite of mine) but it offers a refreshing and challenging new way of looking at the employee/manager relationship. Breaking some of the conventional "rules" (ie: spend more time with your best people, don't try to fix weaknesses), they offer explanations for what really works to drive super star performance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First, Break All the Rules.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Marcus Buckingham
“...every time you make a rule you take away a choice and choice, with all of its illuminating repercussions, is the fuel for learning.”
Marcus Buckingham, First, Break All the Rules: What the World's Greatest Managers Do Differently

06/02/2012 page 135
53.0% "I love data, things based on data, and genuinely meaningful analysis. Not only does this book have all that but it's both (a) backing up things I already believed and (b)challenging other things I believed. In short, it's making me think. I see a LOT of connections and applications."
show 1 hidden update…