Amanda (Born Bookish)'s Reviews > A Need So Beautiful

A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

Jan 03, 12

Read in January, 2011

I have to say that I went into this book with high hopes, hopes that did not live up to their expectation. I thought the plotline for the book was unique and very interesting, but it stopped there.

I felt like all of the characters were shallow and stereotypical: Harlin the bad boy who’s really soft at heart, Sarah the flirty best friend, Seth the popular guy/jerk at school. I just didn’t really care for or connect with any of them, not even Charlotte.

I also found it really tiresome to keep reading the same thing over and over every time Charlotte was struck with the Need. She’s compelled to move against her will, there is an intense burning in her shoulder, and so on and so forth, every single time. I think the author was just trying to get us to understand the pain Charlotte was going through, but instead it just caused me pain to keep reading it over and over. I think she could have abbreviated the process a little bit once we understood what it was like whenever the Need hit.

Overall this book just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Need So Beautiful.