I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Lost

Lost by Varian Krylov

What a fantastic set up to a terrifically taboo story. LOST may push the limits of some readers too far as the story is one of an incestuous romance between a brother and sister as well as a father and daughter.

LOST begins with a family of three scientists who are stranded on a deserted island when their boat is destroyed by a typhoon while on a scientific excursion. Fast forward three years and you have the only female, Cat (18), her brother, Derek who is 28 and their father, Victor. Cat is very curious about the opposite sex and is certain that she will die a virgin unless she can convince her brother to teach her all the things she has missed out on discovering with other boys. After much persistence, she slowly breaks down the social boundaries that confines Derek by coaxing him to sample what she so willingly offers.

The incestuous relationship Cat and Derek engaged in made my mind flash to THE BLUE LAGOON, then, the social breakdown of the relationship between the father and son forced my mind to LORD OF THE FLIES. It was amazing how quickly things changed between the trio once the sex began… the men reverted to animalistic behavior and Cat became the primary object of focus and comfort.

Though I really enjoyed the premise of the story, I wanted more – hence the 4/5 stars rating. I would have liked to have seen more about the relationship between the father and son and how they interacted as time passed. I would have liked to have seen more about how the group and individual relationships developed. In my opinion, the relationship between Cat and her father was not nearly as believable as the relationship she initiated with her brother – it really needed more development leading up to the initial sexual act.

If you like taboo reads and you enjoy an interesting plot with a lot of steam, then check out LOST – it is sure to hit the spot!

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost.

Vivian I'm so all over this one.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) i finished it and really enjoyed it...I wish it had been longer

Vivian I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "i finished it and really enjoyed it...I wish it had been longer"

Short? Okay, that will be a surprise since I'm in the middle of "After" and it just goes on and on. I like it, but...wow!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) YES, the brother was uber possessive... i had a hard time figuring out if the father was the "alpha" and was just humoring Derek when he got all dominant or if he was bowing to Derek as the alpha and quietly taking what he could get from the only female on the island...

Vivian Let me finish it and I'll weigh in.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Elomari wrote: "Because of the father's attitude I always thought he was the "alpha", although now I'm having second thoughts. Oh well."

it's a tough call...

Vivian I agree that one can interpret the "alpha" status differently and not be wrong. That is one of the things I like about Krylov's writing--sophisticated manipulation of social views.

Personally, I think it is more of a personality and age issue than a real "alpha" battle. Derrek is young and has the natural urge to outdo this father, plus he has the added impetus of first claim which he sees as being infringed upon.

In "After" Krylov has women assume conciliatory comfort roles to keep peace within a group dynamic situation. Echoed here. I still have to read "Abduction" to see if this is a continuing theme.

Vivian I can't disagree that I'd like a longer story because I'm greedy that way, but this one the the few short stories that I've read that I didn't think it had to have more to be complete.

I'll chime in about "Abduction", but I'm still finishing "After". Did I mention long? :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) i wasn't disappointed, i just wish the story was longer because I think there was more to be told about their lives and relationships.

message 10: by Lace (new)

Lace Tully I can't find this to purchase through either B&N OR Amazon.

message 11: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Jan 06, 2014 05:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Lace wrote: "I can't find this to purchase through either B&N OR Amazon."

BOOKIE TO THE RESCUE!!!

for some reason it's not coming up in the search functions - I only found it b/c I own it :-) yay! I loved this!

message 12: by Lace (new)

Lace Tully I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) wrote: "Lace wrote: "I can't find this to purchase through either B&N OR Amazon."

BOOKIE TO THE RESCUE!!!

You are awesome, thanks!! xD