♥ Sarah ♥'s Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

2641924
Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: arc, genre-young-adult, characters-demons, characters-angels, shorts-novellas, genre-paranormal
Read from April 03 to 04, 2012

Aww...poor sweet Kaidan. I love him so much. He's such a romantic even though he doesn't want to be. *sigh*

Merged review:

It's been awhile since I've read Sweet Evil so I can't much remember the first chapter exactly. But I liked this. Kaidan is so yummy. :)

Merged review:

Sweet Evil was truly an incredible book that sucked me in from page one. I had trouble putting this one down and so that's always a sure sign of a good book. The only problem is that one of the reasons I had trouble putting this down was because I kept hoping for more...well, hope! I was surprised by how dark and a bit sad this book ended up being.

The whole book, as you can read from the premise is about these teens who right down to their very nature are sort of cursed to tempt others into doing bad things. I won't get into the whys or the reasoning behind it because it's part of the discovery. But let's just say that there really isn't too much of a choice about it for them and so this is where the hopelessness came in. My heart seriously just broke for the characters in this book, especially Kaidan.

The premise is really unique even though it is involving angels/demons. Higgins takes a new twist on some old legends and I thought it was really interesting and worked very well. Kaidan is about as dark of a love interest as you can get. He's tortured, he's bad, he's sexy. But also he's probably the most stubborn male protagonist I've ever read about. He has some very good reasons why he's this way, but it also adds to the hopelessness that I felt while reading.

I also want to quickly mention that this book caters to some very...sinful subjects. I honestly wouldn't recommend it for teens, but I suppose it would depend on their maturity level. A lot of sex, drugs, and rock and roll going on and while it definitely was intriguing and I enjoyed reading about it, just be aware of that if you're considering it for your teen. If I had kids, I probably wouldn't want them reading this one.

Overall, this really was a good book. It's addictive and daunting and I hope that we get some major uprising going on in the next book because we need some hope in this world. That was the one and only thing I disliked about this book. I suppose it could be a good or a bad thing, but the task Anna faces going into the rest of the series is seriously big and I look forward to reading about how she pulls it off because I know that I would be majorly scared out of my mind. :)

More of my reviews at I'm Loving ♥ Books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

message 1: by Mirsada (new) - added it

Mirsada I'm jelly lol I so want to read this one badly :)