Rosa's Reviews > An Everlasting Meal: Cooking with Economy and Grace

51996
Mar 15, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, lifestyle, food-and-beverage
Read from March 09 to 15, 2012

There's a small club of books which, after I've read them, obliterate my need for any gift list the coming Christmas: I'll simply buy the book by the case, and give it to everyone I care about. In this small club are First, Break All the Rules by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, and Love is the Killer App by Tim Sanders. There are a few others, but those come to mind most immediately.

An Everlasting Meal is newest to the club and I don't think I'll wait for Christmas with a good nine and a half months' of birthdays lined up before then. Tamar Adler didn't just write a book; she gave us all a gift.

I believe that the best books will change your habits in some way, and this one certainly has changed mine. For most of my life I've said, "I don't cook." and now, I am. I've been cooking throughout my reading of An Everlasting Meal, and I'm quite sure I'll continue to. I've already experimented with a few variations of her recipes, approaching them with no fear. Amazing if you know of my history in the kitchen, just amazing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Everlasting Meal.

03/12/2012 page 155
51.0% "Just published a blog post for Talking Story about Adler's 12th chapter, How to Build a Ship: How to Fill up by Spilling"

dateDown_arrow    newest »