Shail's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Feb 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from February 17 to 21, 2012

I really liked this book. It's fun to read about the same world as the Mortal Instruments but in a completely different time. I really like Cassandra Clare and her work. This series has lots of promise. The one thing I would say is a little confusing is the characters names/lineage. I try to figure out who is related to who, as they all have the same last names, but it's difficult to remember, especially when it comes to Jace. He has four different last names in the course of the series and thinks (wrongly) that two different people are his father before finding out that it's actually this third guy. But I am also intrigued. In this book, the Lightwoods are portrayed like jerks. They want to take over the institute from Charlotte and Henry, who are seen as pretty awesome. Now in Mortal Instruments, the Lightwoods run the Institute and are awesome. How does this come to pass?? I am very curious to see. Overall, I like the book. I like that Tessa isn't super fickle. She doesn't love two boys and have trouble deciding who she wants to be with. At the beginning, her antiquated ideas of women are weird, but that's the time period. I just aggravates me. You know what else I'm not the hugest fan of? That Will is Jace. I keep writing/saying Jace when I'm talking about him. I get that they're related, but they are almost too similar. I wish they had more things different about them, you know? Overall, I'm excited to read the next book in the series and hope the series is just as good as the other. Now we'll have to see if there's a Clary/Jace brother sister epic sized twist in these books too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

02/18/2012 page 97
20.0% "I"m really glad I started rereading this book as there is a lot that I don't remember. It's going to make reading Clockwork Prince a lot easier."