Shawn Hopkins's Reviews > A King in a Court of Fools

A King in a Court of Fools by Larry Enright

Jan 23, 12

Read from January 03 to 23, 2012

Larry Enright continues to squeeze refreshing sweetness from the delicious fruit that was Four Years From Home. Actually, I guess that should be said of Buffalo Nickel Christmas since that is the third and latest installation in the Ryan saga. But because I read them out of order, this is my latest experience visiting a world that my father grew up in, and not me. The days of the Ryan boys are days that were pretty much extinct by the time I was growing up, and now that my own children are experiencing this thing called life, it's safe to say that they'd need an archeologist to teach them about those simpler days. The story is not a mystery like Four Years From Home but rather a glimpse back at the carefree and fun lives of the Ryan gang. It's a great read that will take you back to the lost days of your youth (if those days were kind to you, that is), or, if you're too young to fully appreciate such a time (as I am), Enright's story will make you wish the Ryan adventures had been your own. Can’t wait for the next Ryan story!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A King in a Court of Fools.