Robbie's Reviews > Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly

Jun 23, 12

Read from June 16 to 23, 2012

First off, to set this straight for any whiny liberal who can't comprehend this, the book is not about Bill O'Reilly. So get over it.

There, now that I got that out of the way, "Killing Lincoln" is an exciting, fast-paced book, filled with interesting historical evidence over one of America's most dramatic moments. The play-by-play detail lays out the events before, during, and after the assassination, so that there is no lull in the action, and despite the fact that you are being fed factual evidence the whole time, this does not read like a history book, keeping me, a disinterested teenager, wanting to read more.

The events are set out almost like something you would see on a History Channel documentary (you know, when the History channel still showed relevant shows about history...), but the story also plays out like an action movie. There is constant suspense, and a perfect wrap-up conclusion tying everything together (despite the fact that many mysteries remain over the assassination of Lincoln).

Ultimately, I really enjoyed reading, surprise, a book over history, during the summer when I'd rather be doing anything but. I definitely recommend this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Lincoln.