Courtney Ahrens's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Syrie James

F_50x66
Jan 03, 12

Read in December, 2011

It you are looking for a synopsis, there are ton of them already. So to the review: I thought Forbidden was a really good read. It has likeable characters with realistic personalities, plenty of action and a romantic triangle (which seems to be must for a YA novel). The story jump starts at the beginning (which I love) and moves quickly making it easy to get sucked in and not want to put the book down. I like that Claire (main character) actually seems like a teenager. She has a relationship with her Mom that does not involve her being ignored or acting as the parent herself. The "side-kicks" are well written with individual personalities that make them more than unnecessary dialog. Both of the guys in Claire's life are actually nice so there is no good guy vs. bad boy thing going on and this particular triangle doesn't actually bother (like they usually do) because it is pretty clear for most of the book who the right guy is going to be and there isn't a lot of agonizing or fighting. I like how the story was from both Claire and Alec's (male lead) perspectives. It was nice to see both sides of the same story for a change. The bad guys were pretty predictable as was the story in a few places but if you like YA books involving angels and romance, this is a definite must read.

Basically, this was a great quick read. Light, fun and entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.