James's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Jan 11, 12

bookshelves: meh, 2012
Read from January 03 to 11, 2012

I wrote a nice long review, but then clicked on the wrong thing and Goodreads zapped it into oblivion. So I'll just cut the crap and get to it.

This book was disappointing. I'm sorry that your breasts and vagina have left such a big chip on your shoulder and that you have it so hard working 14 hours a day, but I don't care. You are funny on the surface with some interesting insight into SNL and 30 Rock, but beyond that you comes off as whiny and somewhat desperate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

RandomAnthony Heh....no, I disagree, sir, your review is funnier and more concise. Well done.

James Thanks for the vote of confidence Anthony. Concise, yes, but I think your review really summed up all of my heart felt feelings about this book. I guess in the end, we've said the same thing, unfortunately for Mrs. Fey.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Bw People should be allowed to react to the discrimination and ignorance they face. Tina Fey isn't mad that she "has a vagina and breasts," she's mad that people like you use this fact to belittle her. If you have a problem with her particular ideas about gender and express your opinion in a reasonable manner, I'm okay with that. Your review, though, is nothing more than a sexist attack.

RandomAnthony Apparently not liking this book means we hate women, James. I hope someone creates a list of books I need to like in order to avoid sad, wrongheaded, self righteous attacks in the future.

[Name Redacted] Don't forget that women who hate it are self-hating traitors to feminism.

James I'm not belittling her, I just thought her book sucked so that's what I said. She is very successful (some would even say more successful than me) and I'm happy for her, but I don't want to read a book filled with her pissing an moaning about how hard it was and how much harder it was for her than it would have been for anyone else. Frankly, it kind of surprised me that someone with her outlook on life made it as far as she did.

I guess she must have slept her way to the top... :)

RandomAnthony Dude, she's hot. I'd totally hit that. I only watch 30 Rock for her boobs.