Abbie's Reviews > Her Restless Heart

Her Restless Heart by Barbara  Cameron

May 31, 12

bookshelves: 2012, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed
Read from May 22 to 28, 2012

Mary Katherine has grown up with a father who she feels will never be proud of her and a mother that never stands up for her. A year ago she left her parents house and went to live with her grandma Leah who runs a store called stiches in time she works at the store with her cousins Naomi and Anna who are more like sisters. Mary Katherine loves to weave and spends hours at her craft. Mary has no plans to find a man and settle down as she fears marring a man like her father or being like her mom and never standing up for herself. So when Jacob asks to get to know her better she tells him no. He offer to just be friends and slowly she finds him breaking her defenses and causing her heart to stir.

Jacob has been fond of Mary Katherine for years and deep down knows she is the woman for him but he has to first convince her he is the man she needs. When an old friend Daniel returns and shows interest in Mary, Jacob may need to work fast to keep Mary from falling for the wrong man.

Barbara Cameron has become one of my favorite Amish fiction authors. This new book the first in a series was a great read.

What I liked: Barbara Cameron tends to write novels with complex storylines that deal with a lot of emotions. She does a wonderful job of pulling the reader into the story and can make it very hard to put her books down. I really liked Mary Katherine and Jacob. We also meet the main characters for the next two books as well, Naomi and Anna. Even though this is Mary’s story we get enough of a back ground on them that when it comes time to read their stories your going to feel like you know them pretty well already and I can’t wait to read their stories as well.

What I did not like: Mary is very hurt by her father and towards the end of the book things change but I was left feeling like it was unfinished and I wish there had been a little more to that story line.

Over all this was a great book. Mary Katherine also had a English friend who she was close and it was neat to see the relationship between them and how some in the community reacted to it. I also liked how the characters from the last series made a small appearance and gave some details on how they where doing which was fun to read. I am really looking forward to the next book in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Restless Heart.

05/27/2012