Sandy's Reviews > Escape

Escape by Barbara Delinsky

Jan 03, 2012

Read in January, 2012

Today at 5AM I dropped my significant other off at his work. Instead of turning right out of the parking lot as I always do, I turned left and kept going. Yeah, I can relate to this book. It's a different mind-set, driving off into the unknown, leaving the known and dissatisfaction behind. For a while I imagined just driving and driving, stopping in new or even revisiting old places, getting a room, checking in relaxing, walking, exploring, visiting. There are no time constraints, no pressures, an easing of stress, responsibilities.

Alas, my bank account cannot manage an escape such as Emily's and I'm back home after a short, very short, sojourn. I enjoyed reading "Escape" and found it totally plausible, not just for myself, but for the many others in mind numbing situations. My sister, for one, is driven by the pressures of "Billable. Billable. Billable," so I understand and can relate to both main characters. I truly enjoyed every word and circumstance, especially the animal refuge and the symbolic coyotes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape.