Madeline L's Reviews > Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

Illusions by Richard Bach

Jan 12, 2012

bookshelves: finished-irp-books

Richard’s life of flying airplanes around Illinois change when he meets a man by the name of Donald Shimoda. They create a student-teacher relationship after Shimoda decides to leave his former job of being a messiah, to teach Richard about what he knows. Throughout the story, Richard reads passages from the ‘Messiah’s handbook’ that somehow tie into the things he is learning about his life, and about life in general. The more knowledge Shimoda passes on to Richard, the more Richard begins to create little miracles self-consciously. These miracles seem only minuscule to the miracles that Shimoda performs to the public; such things as healing a wounded man in a wheelchair. The more Richard learns from Shimoda, the more Richard begins to create and perform these miracles on purpose, learning that he can do almost anything if he puts his mind to it.
I learned a lot of valuable things from this book. I already had the same beliefs and thoughts that are displayed in this book, so I can’t say that it changed my thought process. What I can say is that Richard Bach has an excellent way of delivering his message through the two characters Shimoda and Richard. He wrote it in a way that was easy to understand, yet still made you think hard and heavy about some of the things you could do in life if you just put your mind to it. I would suggest this book to anyone capable of reading.
I rated this book a 5 out of 5. This book was a terrific read. The reason being is that this book gets your mind thinking about how you can do anything you put your mind to. Basically that if you think something to be true or real, you can make it that way. It’s all about what It’s a pretty quick read, and I found myself unable to put it down.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusions.