Kelly S.'s Reviews > I'll Walk Alone

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

Jan 03, 12

Read in December, 2011

This was my first Mary Higgins Clark book...and perhaps my last! This is not to say that I didn't enjoy it but I can tell from the formulaic mystery writing that many of her other 30+ books would be too similar and not that challenging for me.
In this book, a 30-year-old-ish divorced interior designer named Zan Moreland has lost her son, Matthew. He was stolen out of a park while her young babysitter was watching him and fell asleep. The big twist was that a few years after the son was stolen, someone blew up photos from that day that seemed to prove that Zan herself had stolen her son. If this was true, what had she done with him? Why did she pretend someone else stole him?
I must admit that the cliffhanger endings of every chapter kept me reading and reading and reading! I think I finished this 340 page book in two or three days tops. But my active-reader predicting brain was right on throughout. Would I say this book was too predictable? For a 40-year-old English teacher, yes. For a 14-year-old student? No. It was perfect.
It's clean and appropriate and I think I'll try and buy up as many of Mary Higgins Clark's novels as I can!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Walk Alone.

Jill Her earlier mysteries are much better!! I gave this one 3 stars but would give most of her previous books 4 or 5 stars! ;)