Serena's Reviews > Unleash the Night

Unleash the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sep 26, 13

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, dark-hunter, currently-reading
I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleash the Night.

Quotes Serena Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Have you ever wanted something that you knew was bad for you? Something that you ached for so much you could think of nothing else? [Wren]”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“The tiger lies low not from fear, but for aim.
~Wren”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Yeah, right. Life is a soul-sucking test that you either survive or you fail. Personally, I think failure blows, so I intend to survive and laugh my ass off at all the losers. (Nick)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What happened to cause the jail fight? (Maggie)
They thought it would be fun to knock around the ‘kid’ and show off their manhood. I thought it would be fun to knock a couple of them unconscious. (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I’ve never met anyone who had a monkey for a friend before. (Maggie)
I don’t know. I think those two guys you were with would qualify as primates, but then, that’s an insult to the primate and I don’t want Marvin to get pissed at me. He has higher sensibilities, you know? (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“It’s a Belgian beer, sweetie. Please tell me you’ve at least heard of it. (Blaine)
Boy, I was born in Brussels and the last time I checked, this was my new homeland, America, not my birthplace. So you can either order an American-made beer or I’ll bring you water and you can sit there and act all superior until you puke, okay? (Aimee)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“How do you feel? (Maggie)
Like I got hit by a bus that decided to back up a few times and make sure it finished the job. I think it must have ground its tires on my ribs during the last run. You know, just in case I might actually want to breathe again in my lifetime. (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Good God, Dev. Have you completely lost your mind? Don’t tease the psychotic tiger. He’s getting all angry and frothing at the mouth. Someone’s going to think he’s rabid. (Serre)
Yeah, but teasing him is like throwing meat at Kyle. It’s highly entertaining. (Dev)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I’ll wait out here until the two of you are finished. Just call out if you need anything. Like a priest, cop, or lion tamer. (Aimee)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What the hell? We’re all screwed up some way. At least you bathe and I don’t have to fight you for chicks. In my book, that makes you all right.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“A human’s love. I couldn’t wish anything better for him. Animals protect what they know. They protect what they are bound to, but humans…humans have a greater capacity for sacrifice for those who live in their hearts. (Aristotle) ”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Does your manager know that you talk to your customers like this? (Blaine)
If you’d like to talk to my mother, who owns this bar, my overindulgent brother, who manages it, or my father, who delights in kicking everyone’s ass around, about your treatment by me, just let me know and I’ll be more than happy to go get one of them for you. I know they’d just love to waste their time dealing with you. They’re real understanding that way. (Aimee)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“And neither do I, asshole. (Wren)
Wow. Multiple syllables and a whole sentence from the tiger. Who’d have ever thought it? Whoever she was, she must have had a lot of talent to make you speak. Next thing you know, she’ll have the dead walking. Quick, call a Dark-Hunter. I’m sure some of them would like another resurrection. (Dev)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“My father used to say that it’s not enough to just beat an attacker off. You have to hurt them enough that they’ll know not to tangle with you anymore. Or preferably kill them. (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What happened to him? (Lioness)
He pissed me off. (Savitar)
Why hasn’t one of the other jaguars taken his place? (Lioness)
He pissed me off...big time. (Savitar)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Yeah, I wish I could have stayed awake long enough to see your face when I changed over. (Wren)
No, you don’t. I assure you, it wasn’t pretty. (Maggie)
There’s never anything about you that isn’t pretty, Maggie. You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Then what good is he? (Maggie)
I ask myself every friggin’ day exactly what you did. What good am I? The answer is simple. There’s nothing good about me and I like it that way. Pride myself on it, in fact. (Savitar)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“So what happened? (Maggie)
Nothing major. It’s just a group of assholes out to kill me. (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Man, Wren. I’m impressed. No woman ever sent flowers to thank me. (Serre)
Don’t be that impressed. I’m thinking she didn’t send flowers to thank him. One flower says thank you. This many says she thought he was dead. Or that she killed him. Hmm...I’m thinking, put a tiger in her tank and that didn’t quit rev her up. What she needs is to go hunting for bear. (Dev)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Yeah. And Savitar predates him. He has presided over this council since the very beginning, and notice, Savitar looks about thirty. We don’t know what he is, but he ain’t one of us and he ain’t human. And trust me, you don’t want to mess with him. (Paris)
Thank you for that highly unamusing summation. Next time I have insomnia, I know who to call. In the meantime, little lioness who would probably like to live another year, don’t interrupt me again. I don’t like it and I tend to kill the things I don’t like. (Savitar)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“If you knew this, why did you wait to bring it before the Omegrion? (Savitar)
Because I was afraid to come forward...(Zack)
And now you're all better? (Savitar)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“This has been one seriously fucked-up day, huh? (Wren)
You might say that. This morning it was 2005 in New Orleans, I was staring at you wondering what it would be like to have the ability to change into a tiger. Now it’s the day before I enter the world in 1981 and I can turn into a tiger. Yeah, just your average day...if you’re in a Ted Raimi production. (Maggie)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I still don’t believe it. It’s not in him.
Yeah, and you are delusional. Babe, news flash, with the exception of you and the pirate, we’re all animals here. And we all have a killer’s instinct.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What would you like? (Maggie)
I don’t care. I’ll eat anything not Tylenol or chocolate. (Wren)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What are you? Insane? I’m not interested in Ms. Preppy Uptight Sloan Ranger. Jeez. I’d get khaki between my teeth. Can you imagine? I’ve never been in khaki and I never want to see a woman out it. It scares me. (Dev)”

09/26/2013 marked as: currently-reading