Jennifer Howell / Late Bloomer Online 's Reviews > That Wedding

That Wedding by Jillian Dodd

If you regularly follow my blog, then you know that the book That Boy by Jillian Dodd was one of my favorite books of 2011. I tell ALL of my friends about the book. In fact, I just had book club last night and was raving about her series again to my friends telling them they HAVE to read them. I may have even threatened to defriend them if they don't. Okay not really, but I am that serious about my book love :) Jillian recently released the second book in the series titled That Wedding, and I honestly didn't think it was possible to love her books any more, but I was wrong.

I can't even really say that That Wedding is better than That Boy because there is nothing wrong with That Boy at all. How do you improve upon perfect? As you can see in my review of That Boy... it made me laugh, cry, and took me on an amazing journey that resonated with me long after I finished it, and That Wedding is no exception.

That Wedding finds Jadyn completely in love and fully enveloped in her new relationship and engagement to her prince charming. When the Pastor requires them to attend counseling sessions prior to marrying them, he starts asking questions that make Jadyn second guess herself and her relationship. Did they rush into things? Does she just have cold feet? Is marriage really that awesome? Is she just in lust with her love or is it more than that? Is this really what she wants?

Where That Boy is full of depth and meaning about what it means to come into yourself, and battle the things that life can throw at you and learning that sometimes the best things in life are right in ront of you, That Wedding is meaningful in its own right. While the first book is interlaced with a tragedy and how Jadyn deals with the aftermath of that tragedy, That Wedding, is about the woman that Jadyn is becoming inspite of it all. The loss she experienced will always be a whisper in her heart, but learning that you can still continue to live a life full of hope and love and joy after such an experience is part of what we see Jadyn realizing and coming to terms with in That Wedding. After learning in That Boy who Jadyn really is as a woman, in That Wedding, she learns what she can become as a woman with the person she loves by her side. Jadyn's journey has her realizing that perhaps getting married doesn't mean giving up the person you are, but rather finding someone that loves you for that person and making you even better than you even dreamed you could be. How being with and loving your best friend and finding the man you are destined to be with, only makes you more of who you are because they bring out the best parts of you... if you let them. And the question is... can Jadyn let herself be loved like that? So yes, while That Wedding is more lighthearted and funny, and steamy, don't be fooled by thinking it is in any way less profound and moving in Jadyn's life journey.

One of my favorite parts in the book, is the planning of Jadyn's wedding. It is obvious that Jillian did her homework and had a lot of fun with it. It made me want to get married all over again for some of the super cute ideas!

This book is for anyone that wants to be taken on a wonderful journey that will bring you a beautiful romance, laughs, tears, and make you fall in love with a book and its characters! Those are the best kinds of books in my opinion!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Wedding.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maria Where did you read it?

Charlene yeah! where did you read it? haha! or did you get an advanced reader copy from jillian?

Christina Omg what happen!!

Jennifer  Howell / Late Bloomer Online Jillian asked me to read an advanced copy. It was wonderful and I know you will love it!

message 5: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Oh my gosh you are so lucky. I cannot wait to read it!!!