Lina's Reviews > The Hollows Insider

The Hollows Insider by Kim Harrison

Jan 05, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-general, for-fans-only, guide-book
Read from January 02 to 05, 2012

Buying this book is a sign of how much I love Kim Harrison's The Hollows series. I went through four of her books in a matter of weeks and it would have been sooner if the bookstore wasn't so far away. I feel in love with the world, the characters and the story so I decided, what the hell, I get the guidebook.

It was worth it.

Unlike other guidebooks, it's not set up like an encyclopedia, there is actually a story going on within the guidebook. After getting hit with a hair removal spell on the bus by the protagonist, Rachel Morgan, a columnist, Devin Crossman, decides to investigate Rachel. The guide is set up as a case-file with fact sheets, magazine articles, newspaper clippings, photos, etc all collected by Crossman. In addition we have his diaries which follow the plot of the books in the form of an outsider looking in. We go through the two-years in which the books take place through the perspective of his journals.

In addition we also get a series of memos from Trent's office, which show him handling the situation of Crossman trying to get Rachel in trouble. Crossman's insight into the relationship between Trent and Rachel made the fangirl in me jump up and down.

This was just a lot of fun and if you are a fan of the series this will probably be able to hold you over until Perfect Blood comes out in February.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollows Insider.

01/02/2012 page 7
2.0% "I like the style of this guidebook."
01/05/2012 page 123
41.0% "This book is filling the Hollows void in my heart so well. I love how Trent is always looking out for Rachel Squeee <3"
show 1 hidden update…