Lisa M's Reviews > Slade

Slade by Laurann Dohner

Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: kindle-fire, paranormal-romance, genetics, sci-fi-romance
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

4 1/2* Slade is a New Species who was taken to Trisha Norbit's hospital after he was rescued from Mercile's experimental facilities. At the hospital, while he was heavily drugged, he came on to Trisha. When she later takes a job at the New Species Homeland he has no memory of her and she's hurt (though that's pretty silly--he was drugged!). He, on the other hand, can't forget the shadowy woman from the hospital but has no idea who she is. When he finds out she and "the Doc" are one and the same, he's already blown it. And that's just the beginning. They end up in many dangerous situations together, are torn apart by a simple misunderstanding (as often happens in real life), and are brought back together by something that no one thought could happen but that is a threat to Trisha and their happiness. I was surprised to discover that the book ended on a cliffhanger! I hope that things are settled in Valiant (New Species, #3) by Laurann Dohner.

I loved this book. I liked Trisha, Slade's irreverence, Brass, the danger that Slade and Trisha were in, and the gut-wrenching dark moments Trisha and Slade went through. I've got to start reading Valiant (New Species, #3) by Laurann Dohner right away!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slade.