Loretta's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release, young-adult, romance, review-book, paranormal, fantasy, arc, angels, demons
Read from April 16 to 17, 2012

Posted Here:

Sweet Evil was such an amazing Debut Novel. I loved all 464 pages of this book. This book about Angels & Demons had me so wrapped up into the characters and the world!
You meet Anna. She is just a regular southern girl, who is not so regular. She the ability to see the emotions of everyone. Through the the colors that their bodies give off. She doesn't really understand why she has this, and pretty soon that will end. Anna will find out everything she has ever wanted to know.
Kaidan. The first time Anna spots Kaidan, she cannot help the attraction that she has to him. But there is something different about Kaidan. She cannot see his colors. Why? The way that Kaidan makes Anna feel is not normal. What is it about Kaidan? What is his secret? After Kaidan & Anna have a brief talk she is left with more questions then answers. Anna has no choice but to track him down, and ask him what's going on. But by doing this.. Anna finds out, how totally different she is from everyone else.
Anna for me was a very beautiful character. I connected with her through out the whole book. I thought that she was beautifully created. She was loyal. Strong. Determined. Everything that we want our main characters to be. Anna was that.
The other characters in the book were just as fascinating to me. Even the "Bad Guys" were so interesting.
Anna's (adopted) mother Patti was beautiful. She had such an amazing heart and soul. She loves Anna so much, and was blessed with such a wonderful blessing of getting Anna. She cherishes her daughter. But when the time comes, she tells Anna everything that she needs to know. No holding back. I felt that was a noble move.
Jay was Anna's "human" best friend. & best friend he was. I loved the connection that Jay & Anna had. I felt it to be very real. Having a friend like Jay was something Anna needed.
Kaidan. Oh, smart ass, cocky, hot Kaidan. I loved him. What is it with me and these snarky male characters? I cannot help it. Kaidan was the way he was for a reason. Underneath Kaidans hard exterior, he had a heart. But, showing how he "feels" is something that he will not do. Shielding his colors from everyone around him. Kaidan takes the role of showing Anna how things work. Training her. Helping her. And possibly falling in love with her.
Boy oh boy was the "sexual" tension in this book... um... *ahem* HOT! My word.
I just kept envisioning Kaidan, stripping down singing some Marvin Gaye's Lets Get It On. *Phew*
There are a bunch of other characters you will meet throughout the book. Some you will love. Some you will not. Some that will leave you utterly speechless. Anna's father comes into the book more, which I really liked him! He is a Demon. Dangerous. But his love for his daughter.. outweighs all of that. He will have to make decisons that he really don't want to. Hurt Anna. But, everything he has to do is for a reason. Kaidan's father was rather ... mean. When I read his name in the book I got insta-freakout-chills.
The plot was so intriguing. You learn why Anna was adopted. You learn everything that you need to know through out the book, but it leaves you wanting so much more. There is not big cliff hanger. But you are left with the feeling that wow. I want more of that!
I thought every event played out perfectly. Even if *I* wanted something else. (wink) but, I understand why things happened the way they did.
I cannot wait for more books in this trilogy. Or any books written by Wendy Higgins. She has an amazing talent in writing.
This is a debut novel that you do not want to miss out on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

Quotes Loretta Liked

Wendy Higgins
“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.”
Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil

Wendy Higgins
“I know I’m just a human woman, but so help me, if anything happens to her while she’s with you—”
“I assure you she’ll be in good hands.”
“Mm-hm, that’s part of what I’m worried about.” She pointed at his hands. “Hands off, mister.”
Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil

04/15/2012 page 243
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teralee (new) - added it

Teralee I can't wait to read this book!

Loretta Teralee wrote: "I can't wait to read this book!"

It was AMAZING!