TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > Dead of Night

Received from Library Thing Early Reviewers
Overall Rating: 5.00
Story Rating: 5.00
Character Rating: 5.00

Note: This is the first Jonathan Maberry book that I have read and it certainly won't be the last! What an amazing story teller/weaver J.M. turned out to be.

What I Loved: Dead of Night was a horrifically fantastic ride that gave me goosebumps and some wicked dreams! I enjoyed every minute of the story as it played out through all the characters eyes. I have to admit my favorite story-telling device was the view of what was happening through "docs" eyes. It was chilling that he could be a zombie, not be able to stop what he needed to do, and yet feel his terror down to your toes. Seriously, it was just brilliant to use that POV!

What I Liked: The characters in Dead of Night were done very well and as a reader I had a connection to them all. Jonathan Maberry managed to couple every day issues: being a female cop on the police force, being a journalist needing the next big story no matter what the cost, a doctor doing experiments that he is afraid of getting caught doing, an old lady trying to right a wrong after the fact, and finally the sane man in the center trying to do what is right under extreme pressure! However, all of these characters deal with these issues while being hit with something they have never seen and aren't sure how it is going to play out. You have to read it to believe it but the whole story unfolded in a very organic way through each and every one of them!

Complaints: None

Why I gave it a 5.00: This was just a brilliantly written story that had me on the edge of my seat!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead of Night.