Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Toxic

Toxic by Jus Accardo

Jan 02, 2012

liked it
Read from September 02 to 09, 2012

This review is one that I wish I didn’t have to write. I am a HUGE fan of Touch, and Toxic was my most anticipated read of 2012. When I finally got my hands on it I was so happy that I started it right away.

I am so torn because I have no idea how to feel about Toxic. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it. I found myself frustrated while reading, but then I also laughed and got butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to quit reading one minute, the next I was at the edge of my seat. See why I am torn? It was so up and down for me, but what I think really did it for me was the semi-slight love triangle. It sort of ruined the story for me. Also, how the one thing that kept Dez and Kale together was taken away in this book.

One thing I will say is that the characters did not change. Dez is still the same from book one, and Kale actually grows a lot in this book. I found myself actually liking Alex a lot. I was iffy about him in Touch, but in this one I actually like him and would like more of him.

Another thing I really liked was the nice little twist near the end. Jus Accardo did a great job at playing the guessing game with me. Every time I thought I knew who the traitor was I was wrong. Super plus for me!

Overall, I rate Toxic 3 out of 5 stars. I am still looking forward to the next book in this series. I was happy with the ending. I am not giving up on this series. I love Kale and Dez way too much for that!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toxic.

09/02/2012 page 10
09/03/2012 page 45
11.0% "Oh no, I don't know how I feel about this change...."
show 1 hidden update…