Kristy James's Reviews > Roots of Insight

Roots of Insight by Breeana Puttroff

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, romance, mystery
Read in December, 2011

I fell in love with Seeds of Discovery right here on GoodReads, when Ms Puttroff only had three or four chapters posted. When she finished, so I could finish it, I could hardly wait until Roots of Insight was published. And I wasn't disappointed.

This installment in the Dusk Gate Chronicles is every bit as good as the first, with a good bit more mystery and tension. If you hated Tolliver in Seeds of Discovery, you'll hate him more in Roots of Insight.

You'll also find yourself in a quandary over who you like better, William, Zander or Thomas (and maybe like me, wish Quinn would be cloned!). You'll wish you could read faster when someone turns up missing, and the search winds up taking some time, because you just want them found. And you'll be biting your nails to the quick as you wait to see how one particularly stressful scene plays out.

Finally, when you reach the final, surprise ending, you won't be able to wait for the third book in the series to be released. There are more mysteries to solve, more questions that need answered...and that last cliffhanger sentence will leave you wishing book three was available NOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roots of Insight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breeana (new) - added it

Breeana Have I ever told you how glad I am that I "met" you here on Goodreads? Someday, I really, really hope I get to meet you in person! :)

Kristy James The feeling is mutual. :)

And that meeting will likely happen out your way. It will kill two birds with one stone. I'll get to meet one of my favorite people (and authors!)...and maybe get to see snow again since it seems like Mother Nature forgot that this is MICHIGAN and it's SUPPOSED to snow here. :)