Jennifer Estep's Reviews > Galaxy Girls

3197948
Jan 02, 2012

bookshelves: science-fiction-romance
Read in September, 2011

Galaxy Girls by Edie Ramer is an e-book, science fiction romance.

Note/disclaimer: I'm friends with Edie, who asked me to give a review blurb for this book, which I did.

Phyrne Galaxy and her relatives fled their planet of Kergeron so they wouldn't have to be mates to the cruel men in their warring world who only care about fighting. After winning some money in a casino, Phyrne and her family are threatened by some guys with guns. Lucky for them, FBI agent Hawk Higgens has the casino under surveillance and comes to the rescue. What Hawk doesn't expect is the magnetic pull he feels to Phyrne or the fact that she disappears without a trace.

Years later, Hawk finally tracks down Phyrne, who has a daughter -- his daughter. Hawk isn't sure what to think when he discovers that Phyrne is an alien, but he's still drawn to her. But complicating matters are the two Kergeron warriors who are sent to Earth to find Phyrne and her family and bring them back -- no matter what ...

There are a lot of elements in this book, but the one I enjoyed the most was the humor. There are a lot of zingy one-liners in the book, and Ramer has a bit of a biting edge to her humor that I liked a lot. It was also interesting to see the rough, tough, Kergeron warriors try to adapt to life on Earth and deal with things like cars, candy bars, and more.

I also thought Ramer did a good job of showing the regret, longing, and eventually love between Phyrne and Hawk, and I liked how one of the bad guys was dealt with in the end.

Overall, this is a fun book. If you're looking for science-fiction romance, check it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Galaxy Girls.