Ms.'s Reviews > The Cinderella Rules

The Cinderella Rules by Donna Kauffman

Feb 13, 12

Read from February 12 to 13, 2012

This book is pretty much everything is looks like and sounds like it will be, and for that reason it is a one-star book for me. I can appreciate the books that have no redeeming qualities and are meant to be fillers or escapes, but this is not my preference.
The book is, in short, a dirty romance novel and it actually starts strong filling in all the back story of the characters. Within just a few pages the lurid sex begins and it won't disappoint the lover of the dirty romance. But toward the end the book takes a turn as Kauffman attempts to bring some intrigue into the book. This might have worked had it been introduced early and more successfully written about. As it was it came across as an attempt to give the book a plot beyond the sexual chemistry, lust, and romance. It simply didn't work.
For those who love romances this is a great fit. For the reader looking for a quick and easy read, maybe a beach book or a book for the airplane, this is perfect. It won't leave you pondering life and it certainly won't answer any deep questions, but it will give the reader and escape to the world of Glass Slipper, Inc. for a short time. And in literature there is room for that also, although literature this is not.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cinderella Rules.

02/12/2012 page 6
1.0% "Only a few pages in I can already tell this totally isn't my kind of book, but I can also tell I'm going to enjoy reading it as a break from the norm."
02/12/2012 page 183
42.0% "Extremely predictable. Very sexist. Mindless drivel."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kelly It was definitely bad, but a very easy read.

message 2: by Ms. (new) - rated it 1 star

Ms. Your comment made me laugh. So true! Luckily it was a nice break from the other things I've been reading. It was silly, but fun.