Gina's Reviews > Send Me a Sign

Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt

I could never resist picking a dandelion gone to seed, and I couldn’t resist the beautiful simplicity of the cover of SEND ME A SIGN, either! The summer between Mia’s junior and senior year is supposed to be the best time of her life, but instead of partying with her cheerleader friends and soccer star boyfriend, Mia ends up in the hospital battling leukemia.

But SEND ME A SIGN isn’t just a story about cancer . . . it’s about fighting for control over your life, about friendships, secrets, omens, letting go, holding on, but most of all, SEND ME A SIGN is a phenomenal love story.

Tiffany Schmidt is a fellow Apocalypsie debut author and I am thrilled to be one of the first in the group to have had the chance to read an ARC of SEND ME A SIGN! This is one of those books where I ignored my family, friends and messy house because I had to know . . . what happens?!? Mia just wants to pretend everything is normal, but how does she explain so much time off from school and her mixed bag of symptoms? Tiffany has a gift for creating realistic dialogue and her characters are genuine, multi-layered and at times, you'll want to yell at them, “Hey! Be nice to Mia! She’s sick!” As a writer, I can often predict how certain plot threads will unfold, but SEND ME A SIGN kept me guessing right up until the end.

Brilliant, beautiful and alternately heartbreaking and hopeful - if I could blow on that cover dandelion, I would wish that Goodreads had more stars for me to shower this amazing story with!!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Send Me a Sign.