Daisy's Reviews > Intertwined

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Jan 02, 12

Read in January, 2012

I'm not going to go through what the book was about. If you have two hands (really hope you do) then you can go read the description yourself! Anyway, I'm going to get right into my review.

The book starts when Aden walks into a grave yard by accident and Julian (one of the souls living inside his head) raises many zombies from the dead. Aden must fight the zombies in order to live. I felt this was a gripping start though it was more violent than I would have thought. Mary-Ann, whom Aden thought is the girl of his dreams, is introduced almost right away and right away I loved the character.

Lets talk about those first few characters so I don't overload your mind!

Aden Stone:
I ate this character right up! Personally, I didn't think he was swoon worthy , but it was refreshing to see a main character who wasn't all "oh I'm so great I'm completely invincible blah blah blah" but not wallowing in self shame etc either! The souls are a part of him and its very touching when (spoiler alert!!) the one, Eve, must leave.

Mary-Ann:
She had to be one of my favorite characters with her quirky sense of humor and her modest yet self assured attitude also. Right from the start she was quite cute but quiet too. Totally sweet but she was so brave also when her friends needed her.

On with the plot... overloaded yet? So a few chapters in we are introduced to Victoria and Riley, Aden and Mary-Anns love interests. More characters!!

Victoria:
She is a strong willed female heroin who is scared of nothing more than her own inner beast (if you have read the book you would understand the irony of that!! I found her and Aden's relationship a little rushed but hot all the same!!

Riley:
Now HE is swoon worthy! Your typical bad boy but with a little twist! I think he is a rounded character who is utterly protective. Well he should be being vics body guard... but still! He wanted to keep Mary safe so the "love" was slower which was appealing.

Well those are the main characters and the starting of the story so you should for sure go pick this up and read it! Nice language style too and overall a.really well rounded book worth reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intertwined.