Heidi's Reviews > This Land Is Their Land: Reports from a Divided Nation

This Land Is Their Land by Barbara Ehrenreich

Jul 07, 08

Read in July, 2008

Ehrenreich has this amazing ability to look critically at social, political, education and economic policy and point out exactly where the policiy falls short of meeting its supposed goal. I think this is an important book for people to read because, even though each chapter is short and doesn't list a whole host of numbers and statistics (although she sights, of course, for your researching if you're so inclined) she really gets you think about the flip side of the current administration's policies. And while she's certainly harder on the Conservatives, she even busts on my boy Bill and other Democrats because she's not out to win an election for someone- she's out to make people think. So I would recommend this book to anyone who intends to vote in 2008, particularly if you think that the past 8 years have been decent or better. I know there are a lot of people who might ask- yeah, but does she offer solutions? And she does, in a tongue in cheek way, and I think the reason that she takes this approach is because the solutions to a lot of these problems are not complicated to figure out.Its a good sit in the bookstore and read kind of book- my favorite chapter is entitled "Children Deserve Veterinary Care, too". Check it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Land Is Their Land.