Kimberly Moeller's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Jan 02, 2012

bookshelves: fairy-tale, fiction, science-fiction, book-club
Read on January 09, 2012

I started this book around midnight with the intention of reading a chapter and then heading to bed. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had read the entire book and it was 4 am!

The character Cinder is extremely independent and self-sufficient for the heroine of a fairy tale. As a mechanic, she is the sole provider of income for her step-family, and is incredibly talented at what she does. Cinder's mechanical friend Iko and relationship withe her beloved stepsister were both delightful and touching.

This is amazing debut novel left me longing for the next installment in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.

Alanna I definitely agree. I would have read it in one sitting if I could have kept my eyes open. I finished it tonight and excited to start reading Scarlet. :)

Kimberly Moeller Alanna wrote: "I definitely agree. I would have read it in one sitting if I could have kept my eyes open. I finished it tonight and excited to start reading Scarlet. :)"

Wow, that was fast! I'm glad that my recommendation was something you enjoyed. :)