Once Upon's Reviews > The Rise of Nine

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Sep 06, 12

Read in July, 2012

Once again I was extremely happy to get the next book in this series. I am a huge fan of the series and the story. The story continues were we last left off with all the old and new characters. Four (John), Six, Seven (Marina), Ten (Ella), Nine and Eight are all present in The Rise of Nine. The book concentrates on POV's from Four, Six and Seven throughout the books jumping back and forth. Each POV also has a distinct font to know when they have switched POVs. This is extremely helpful, so one doesn't get lost.

The Rise of Nine did fall a little short for me then I Am Number Four and The Power of Six. There was just a different tempo in this installment. I felt at time there could have been less mentions of thoughts or ideas and more action. I love this series for the intense action and suspense and about a little more than half-way is when I was given that. The first half, felt it drag just a little in some places. I had a feeling this might happen since there was a change in the writers. Many of you should know that Pittacus Lore is a 2 person writing team. One of the original writers left during the process of The Power of Six. So The Rise of Nine from the beginning was created by the new writing team. That being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and didn't want to put it down.

I really can't get to into what takes place in The Rise of Nine without spoiling many parts of the story. Just know that Four is there doing what Four does best with Bernie Kosar at his side. Six is back also trying to find Four like they promised they would from the last book. Marina (Seven) and Ella (Ten) are also very present and have been thrown into the fight head on. Then you have crazy Nine and possibly Eight you'll meet. More chests will be found and open to see what they contain. The Mogs are strong as ever and you wouldn't believe who is helping them. You will be taken to several parts of the planet in all the adventures. Then when you have reached the end, you will be left with your mouth open with the ending. I will say this, with an ending like that one knows there is more coming in future books.

I highly recommend this series, if you watched the movie and never read any of the books, don't judge the story by that movie. The movie doesn't come close to how great the books are. Grab which ever copy you need to read and you will be a fan of Lorien Legacies.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Nine.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Briana I am so excited! I hope it was good!