Colt's Reviews > Divinity of Doubt: The God Question

Divinity of Doubt by Vincent Bugliosi

Jan 05, 13

Read from January 02 to June 11, 2012

I am a fan of Mr. Bugliosi, I enjoy his writing style. Every book of his that I've read, Outrage, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder and Reclaiming History. That being said I picked this book up with great anticipation. Religion alone is difficult enough topic to take on let alone trying to prove or disprove one's point on it. I can appreciate that Mr. Bugliosi tried to argue that all sides of religion with Agnosticism being the most valid (which I agree). However it seems what could be in a quick two minute description on your thoughts on God or Religion, the author spread it incredibly thin going so far as to point out that he isn't an expert in the field; which is easy to pick up on his tone, anybody that reads Vince Bugliosi books can see the cocksure nature when he describes his history of winning every homicide case, loosing only on criminal case. That tone seems to be silent and shaky in his narrative, almost as if there's doubt.

When you think about it that's the irony of the whole situation as even the great Vincent Bugliosi isn't immune from doubt...oh how divine. Just because you can dissect the law of man with the craft of a master surgeon doesn't mean you can do so with the mysteries of the Universe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divinity of Doubt.