Miss Page Turner's Reviews > Adorkable

Adorkable by Sarra Manning

Nov 27, 13

bookshelves: 2012-ya-contemporary-challenge
Read from June 06 to 10, 2012

I wish Jeane Smith were real so I could be friends with her. Don't you? She's a very unique and alternative character. She doesn't care what other people think about her, has always a big mouth and a ton of hip things to surround herself with. And she's a character I guess not everyone can easily identify with as a heroine but I really enjoyed her being different than the mass of plain always the same YA main characters. Jeane in fact is a very interesting character to follow on her metamorphosis and trip to self-discovery.

Jeane has many talents. She's a blogger and is an inspiration for her readers every day, like a guru. She seems to have it all, admirers and success. Jeane appears more like an adult than the teen she theoretically is. But there is more to this colorful and confident person that's her. She's living alone in her apartment, her family checking on her from time to time and at some point she realises something's missing in her life.

In order to provide us with a sparking romance Sarra Manning couldn't have put anyone but Michael Lee at Jeane's side. There needed to be someone who couldn't be more different than Jeane. And that would be Michael. When they first meet you immediately notice what's not lacking...tension. It starts as a kind of kissy resentment, but soon seems to be more for both of them. Now they have to start figuring out their feelings for each other, always hiding never admitting in front of others, sometimes not even to themselves what's real and pretend.They bicker, they fight and gladly make up. Jeane and Michael are polar opposites with him being the ambitious and super popular overachiever and her being bossy and so so snarky. Their love is freakishly cute and sexy.

The story being told from their alternating perspectives gives us a chance to fall in love with Michael Lee only so much more. Both are on Twitter and having conversations without knowing who they are really talking to, adding an additional entertainment factor to the story. Note that ADORKABLE discusses cheating and features sexual content.

ADORKABLE has a collection of remarkable and colorful characters to brighten your day. Many components are adding up to a dynamic and multifarious story. ADORKABLE felt just right, with pleasant page count and exactly the perfect mixture of everything to make a dream of a summer read.

5/5 ***** ADORKABLE – A bright and very prominent read with so much crazy, sexy fun!

ADORKABLE is the first novel by Sarra Manning that I read and I can't wait to read her other books. I'm sure just like ADORKABLE they are ultimately entertaining. Blogging, fashion, family, her love life. There's nothing Jeane couldn't master... or turn upside dow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adorkable.

06/06/2012 page 9
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nickey hope you like it! :)