Marina's Reviews > Fate's Edge

5361951
Mar 16, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, magic
Read from March 11 to 16, 2012

I didn't expect for Kaldar to sweep me off my feet but he managed to do so after all!

Love Kaldar! He will be by favorite by far and his girl Audrey was surprising funny with enough smexy so that I won’t drop dead after I see her and enough doubts for herself and everyone around her for me to like her almost from the beginning of the book.

But the unexpected element that put this book on the top of my list is George and Jack!!!! Those two kids turned from wining little pre-teenagers to reliable young men, smart, cunning, strong and capable. I love Rose and now her two little brothers are my weakness…

I’m not going to write a long review this book is worth reading (if you’ve read the previous two) I’m just going to add my most favorite parts

Kaldar for George and Jack

George grimaced. “Jack is spoiled. Things are hard for him, but he isn’t the only one who doesn’t have it easy. He gets away with crazy things because he’s a changeling and he’s different. Jack could behave better, but he stopped trying. He decided that he’s worthless and that nothing he could do would make any difference.” Audrey and George for Jack

George walked across the lawn. His legs felt heavy, as if filled with lead. He and Jack climbed the stairway, step by step. Suddenly, the steps were over.
George raised his head and looked at Declan. “My lord.”
Declan stared at Jack. “When I said you needed additional supervision, I meant I would get you a valet.”
Jack blinked.
“Watch my lips.” Declan pointed to his mouth. “You will never be sent to Hawk’s. You don’t have to run away from home to escape. However, in the near future, you will wish you had been sent to Hawk’s.”
“You are grounded until you forget what color the sky is,” Rose said.
“We’re giving you to Lorimor,” Declan said. “You will be doing laundry. You will be peeling potatoes. The pool needs replastering.”
Laughter bubbled up from somewhere deep inside George. He tried to hold it in, but it was like trying to block a flood. It kept coming out in snorts and stifled giggles.
“Like I beat you,” Declan growled. “Like I chained you in the dungeon or something. You run away. On a Mirror agent’s wyvern! What the devil is wrong with the two of you?”
“We are so sorry, Master Mar,” Rose said. “We hope they weren’t too much trouble.”
“Not at all,” Kaldar answered with a straight face.

George and Jack facing Declan and Rose.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate's Edge.

Quotes Marina Liked

Ilona Andrews
“George grimaced. “Jack is spoiled. Things are hard for him, but he isn’t the only one who doesn’t have it easy. He gets away with crazy things because he’s a changeling and he’s different. Jack could behave better, but he stopped trying. He decided that he’s worthless and that nothing he could do would make any difference.”

Ilona Andrews
“Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. He had the two wards of the fucking Marshal of the fucking Southern Provinces in a stolen car. An entire continent away from where the two of them were supposed to be. In the Broken. Where they had beat up some Broken children. Well, if those children weren’t broken before, they were surely broken now. Fate, that broody, vicious, fickle bitch.”

Ilona Andrews
“Marriage was a trap. The moment the man said the word “I do” at the altar, he surrendered his freedom. He was no longer free to pursue other women. Staying out past the appointed hour required his wife’s permission. Getting drunk with his friends resulted in a fight when he got home. He’d have to report where he went, when he would be back, who he would be with, and why he would choose to do something else rather than stay home and pick out fabric for new drapes. A married man was no longer carefree. He was a provider, a husband and a father. The castle was no longer his.”

03/12/2012
10.0% "Kaldar+Jack+George= a very interesting combination!!! I like them!"
03/12/2012
12.0% "Aaaand Kaldan meeting Audrey for the first time.....PRICELESS!"
03/13/2012
47.0% " Breaking into the house in the middle of the night just wasn’t his style. He did his best work in plain view, and, usually, his tongue was doing most of it. Now that was an interesting thought. Heh. Oh sexy and smart-mouthed Kaldar!"
03/15/2012
75.0% "that Karmash is one mean SOB! Hate! Hate! Hate!"
show 1 hidden update…