Marina's Reviews > Bayou Moon

5361951
Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, magic, shifters
Read from January 10 to 16, 2012

I'm finished after what seems like a lifetime!

William was such a mixed up character on the previous book On the Edge at first when I got the glimpse of a love triangle (between Declan, Rose and William) I wanted him out and fast, but Ilona and Gordon don't play with the cheap tricks of triangles and cliffhangers.

But a book dedicated to him???

Even now that I've read the whole book I sensirelly have my doubts. The trip to the Mire was a hard one, mud and monsters at every step, this book seems to massive and takes a lot of patience to finally reach the end.

William and Cerise aren't my favorite couple! William its ok but Cerise it seems unnatural even for a novel heroine to be soooo kick ass!

I love Ilona and Gordon's writing and their humor is so distinct that you know it's them even hidden after layer after layer of monstrosities.

Some of the quotes that made me Laught Out Loud:

Cerise ran through the course in her mind. “Three miles, stream on the right, Mozer Lake, Tinybear, Bigbear, Miller’s Path.” She paused, not sure if she’d said it correctly. “Three miles, stream on the right, Mozer Lake, Tinybear, Bigbear, Miller’s Path.”
“Thank you, Dora. Put the sword back into Backpack and we’ll go.” He nodded at the river

Cerise’s face was dark. “What were you thinking?”
“I was thinking that six against one wasn’t a fair fight. I evened the odds a bit.”
“You call that evening the odds? You demolished them.”
Demolished. He liked that. “I left you one.”
“I noticed.”
“I promised to share,” he told her. “Manners are very important in the Weird. Lying would be quite impolite.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bayou Moon.

01/11/2012
10.0% ""Lord Bill" cracks me up!"
01/12/2012
40.0% "William feels strange in this book, he is almost like a new character, I'm not sure if I like him!"
01/12/2012 page 47
10.0% "All this endless boat traveling through the swamp is getting on my nerves!" 1 comment
01/14/2012 page 214
45.0% "I'm not quite sure how I feel about this book, William was an intriguing character in the previous book but now he is not the same, much more tame, I don't like him. And Cerise to much of a kick ass heroine which seams fake!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenore (new)

Lenore I thought you were reading the second installment of the "Slave to Sensation" series.

Marina I'm reading both of them, one from kindle for pc and the bayou moon from iPad.

Btw you should read the spy changeling, I liked it alot! Hot and smexy and I really liked the way the psy mind and way of live is described.

message 3: by Lenore (new)

Lenore *gets tunnel vision* You got an ipad? You lucky biatch!

Marina Lenore wrote: "*gets tunnel vision* You got an ipad? You lucky biatch!"

It's my hubs and we have it about 10 months now. we change gadgets occasionally, he is reading from kindle at the moment!

message 5: by Lenore (new)

Lenore Good for you! I actually don't like the iPad, I've tried it and it's a nice enough gadget but I can't read on it. Not for long anyway. I get a headache.

Marina yeap! you are right! When its "reading for your life" kind of book the kindle is the best. But with the Bayou moon its just "reading" for me , you know what I mean right??? so Ipad it just ok!