InkBitten's Reviews > Evercrossed

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: clare
Read in July, 2011

Judged by Cover: I love it

As this is the fourth book in the Kissed by an Angel series, as soon as I saw the cover I knew I was going to love it. It has symbolic value that you understand once you've finished the book.

What's up?
In Evercrossed Ivy Lyons is helping her best friend, Beth, at her aunts B'n'B. Simple right? The thing is the anniversary of her boyfriend's, Tristan, death is approaching. Here's the catch. Tristan was murdered by Ivy's stepbrother, Gregory, in a car accident. Gregory was aiming for Ivy. Not Tristan. And Tristan knows this, when he comes back as an angel to protect Ivy. Once Gregory died and Ivy was safe, Tristan had to leave (see first 3 books of the series to know more). When Ivy is helping Beth they get into a car accident. Ivy dies. But Tristan breathes life back into her with the Kiss of Life. This is illegal for an angel to do. Tristan's in trouble. And Ivy's friends think she insane when she tells them that Tristan saved her life.

Time of Day: Possibly

Ivy's nice. I like her a lot. If I saw her at the mall I might talk her, might not. At some points in the book she kind of scared me. I still love the character though.

Head Over Heels: 8

Ivy, throughout the book, fell in love with 2/3 people. Honestly that parts still kind of fuzzy to me. But this book was, for me anyway, a simple love story with sharp turns and never a dead end. A couple of car crashes though… It's probably the best love story I've read in a while. The whole Angel thing really made it better though.

Bonus Features: Simple Love Story

It has twists. That's what makes it so good. It wasn't one of those 'I love you, I love you too, Let's get married, Okay.' kind of books. The relationships had ups and downs. Mostly downs… I love this book so much.

Angels

The way the angels came into the story is one of the reasons why I love it. The angels weren't interpreted the way the normally are. For one thing, they didn't have wings. Or play harps and sing. (Ignore the picture it's the only one I could find.) The angels were just kind of there. Or not there. Who knows. We can't see them unless they want us to. ;P

Final Flavor: Like a piece of chocolate

So again, a simple love story… If you like a simple love story, read this. Romance. Romance. Romance. I love it. I want Juffii to read this but she doesn't do the whole 'Romance' thing. But I still think she'd like it. Elizabeth Chandler couldn't have done a more perfect job on this book. The only thing that annoyed me was… well… nothing! I loved it until the end!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evercrossed.