Sheri's Reviews > A Bite's Tale

A Bite's Tale by Veronica Blade

Feb 11, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from February 10 to 11, 2012

This book is absolutely the best twist on a fairy tale I have read! The story was fun, quick read. It was the Cinderella story being retold with enough twists and originality that it kept me entertained. The characters in this short story were so very well developed, each with their own unique personality.

Cydney is a young werewolf struggling to keep herself under control. Her biggest fear is hurting someone she loves. She knows how much this hurts, as it has happened before.

Remy is a prince who happens to be a vampire. He is longing for his one true love, who seemingly is lost forever. When his father tries to force him to marry, Remy is determined once and for all to find his lost love.

I love the author's take on the different supernatural creatures. Even in this short story each of the creatures are given distinct characteristics. I love that the author gave us details like these rather than just skimming over them. I also enjoyed reading the story from the points of view of both Cydney and Remy. Both are likeable characters, and it is fun knowing what both of them are thinking and feeling throughout the story.

This was a novella, and the ending was almost wrapped up and resolved too quickly. I would have loved to see this as a longer book and have more play to the reunion and the fight scene. Overall, I immensely enjoyed this story and would recommend it to everyone!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bite's Tale.