Kim's Reviews > Obsidian

bookshelves: ebook, ya, read-in-2012, sci-fi, favorites, rereads
Read from January 09 to 14, 2012

Rawr :)

Merged review:

Well, it's about damn time I wrote a review for this book, but as usual, all I can say is OMIGODSIGHIMSOHAPPY whenever I finish a book I loved.

This is no different, to be honest.

I'll admit, at first I was like.. aliens because it seems like authors are searching left and right for a decent non-human who hasn't seen it all. Vampires, werewolves, zombies,... Let's face it, those creatures seem to be getting a loooot of action these days.

I was suffering a bad case of the readers-block, so I wasn't really up for 'another one of those YA books that keep disappointing me' but what convinced me were my GR friends, who kept keeling over all around me after reading this book. BOY was I glad my curiosity got the better of me cause it was finger likin' good!

If that's what aliens are really like, then come on, where do I sign? In blood and everything if that's what you want.

I can't wait for the sequel. Seriously, my pants are on fire and everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

01/09/2012
01/10/2012
25.0% ""I know what you are!" "Say it. Out loud. SAY IT."" 4 comments
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I'm going to love that annoying rude bastard, gah. :D

Caitlin I really liked this one (esp. Katy and Daemon). Read faster! I can't wait to hear your take on it.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I'm liking it so far, although I'm sure I'd be in jail right now if a guy like that ever came into my life :) ("Death by sticking fireworks up his butt". It has a certain ring to it, no?)

~Tina~ Haha! I'd pay good money to see you take down Daemon XD!

He's an asshole, but he's our kind Kim, just watch and see;-)

Caitlin Yeah, he's a bit of a jerk. Surprisingly, I don't mind him as much as all the other YA a-holes that are common in PNR. In fact, I quite like him. I enjoy it when reviewers/commenters argue about characters being abusive vs. overly protective because, if I'm honest, I like the characters that aren't perfect. We live in a world where dysfunctional relationships are everywhere, so it's hard to throw stones. :) (Just hopefully no author tries to glorify domestic abuse territory.)

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Tina, I will find a way, trust me ;) And I do like him, about as much as I hate him!

Caitlin, I agree, I don't like it either when characters don't have any flaws. But don't get me started on that Cullen boy, my god. I could write pages and pages about all the discussions I've had about Mr. Sparkles :)

~Tina~ Mr. Sparkles is yummmmmy;-)

Hehe!

Caitlin Haha, no thank you on the Cullen boy! I believe you when you say you could write a dissertation on his "finer" qualities. I'm not a fan, but I won't wank about him either. Hope you enjoy this one though!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I agree Tina, but he has more issues than a class of 16-year old girls :)

Caitlin, it's the same for me, I find him very interesting even, to discuss, that is.

~Tina~ Very true. He's yummy, but he gotz issues >.<

message 12: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Don't we all? ;)

~Tina~ Yes, but not quite like him:p lol

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim A +100 year old virgin is bound to have at least SOME issues xD

~Tina~ LOL!!:P

Caitlin Kim, I second that. There has to be something going on (other than extreme will power and a severely dampened libido).