Matthew Hanzel's Reviews > Our Dumb World: The Onion's Atlas of the Planet Earth

Our Dumb World by The Onion

Sep 23, 12

Read on January 01, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 2

What's best about any Onion publication is that sometimes it appears way too convincngly it may confuse readers for being the truth. This atlas is built on political jokes, satire, and stereotypes, some are hillarious, some are understandably insulting -- but still fun to read. Especially the section about the United States and how Bono is depicted using certain measurement index. I also read the part about my country, and it fulfills the its promise of being a political joke.

When reading publications of Onion, including this political joke, readers are advised not to feel deeply insulted, for jokes are jokes anyway. I've seen people that are upset for Onion's publications, and yes, as I said before, sometimes Onion appears just way too realistic.

At the end, this is a good political jokes book, and completely fun to read. An international relations major student myself, the world may be easier to study if those things mentioned in this book had been real!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Dumb World.