Julie's Reviews > All We Ever Wanted Was Everything

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by Janelle Brown

Jan 02, 2012

Recommended to Julie by: Diane
Read in December, 2011

This story is about a mother and her two daughters (ages 14 and 28), each of whom is going through major turmoil in their lives. The mother finds herself facing divorce after almost 30 years of being the perfect wife and stay at home mother. The kicker: her husband is the CEO of a pharmaceutical company that has just filed a successful IPO and has made millions, which he refuses to share with his soon to be ex-wife. Margaret (the 28 year old) is on the verge of financial collapse after sinking all her money -- and then some -- into her failing independent magazine Snatch. Elizabeth at 14 is trying to meet her mother's expectations of being thin and popular by sleeping with as many of her high school classmates as possible.

I liked this book, partly because I liked the characters, but also because I lived in the Bay area (where the story is set) during the dot-com boom and bust. Great beach read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All We Ever Wanted Was Everything.