Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > See You in My Dreams

See You in My Dreams by Jess Dee

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, erotic, m-f
Read in January, 2012

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Can dreams really lead to a happily ever after? And if they can, should you trust dreams that have been occurring for over ten years with the same man in them every night? This is case with Sophie and Nathan. Both have been dreaming about a faceless person for over ten years, and when they met for the first time in a not so complimentary situation they are both drawn to each other without knowing why. But with lies and secrets on both sides going into this relationship can they make a go of it or is this dream doomed to end before it really begins?

Sophie Butler is a maid, at least for now, and yet she doesn’t seem to see that there is more out there for her. While finishing her post grad work in psychology her life is a constant stream of events that doesn’t look to be letting up anytime soon. Then comes the day she walks in on Nathan Pace-under the agreement to clean his apartment-and he is there, naked as a jaybird. She runs, but there is something about him that makes her want to get closer, in every sense of the word.

When Nathan “Jamie Speed” Pace literally runs into the woman contracted to clean his room, he is dumbfounded that she is a spitting image of the woman who has been haunting his nights his entire adult life. But things like this just don’t happen; you don’t dream about a person then meet them. But after getting to know Sophie and spending time together in and out of bed, Nathan sees that she is the perfect woman for him. Will she understand his deception or will she run from him when the truth comes out? And once his heart is involved, can Nathan win the girl?

This was a wonderful story, a new spin on the Cinderella theme. I liked that the characters both were flawed and didn’t try to hide that from each other. The story line moved at a believable pace and made the characters able to tell the reader everything in a good beat. Not once did it feel rushed and I hope this ends up being part of a series. I'd love to read more about Nathan and Sophie. Jess Dee is a new to me author and I will definitely be looking for more works by her in the future. This was a great read and it was a pleasure to get to review. You will not be disappointed with this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read See You in My Dreams.