Lilibet King's Reviews > Bittersweet Surrender

Bittersweet Surrender by Diann Hunt

F 50x66
Jan 02, 2012

Read in January, 2012

Carly Westlake has had a rough time recently. She learned she had breast cancer, and her husband left her. She’s recovered from a mastectomy, but her emotions are still in a whirl. Her best friend and business partner Ivy passed away, as did her father. Now she’s left to run the Mocha Day Spa alone, with limited assistance from Ivy’s husband Scott.

If life weren’t complicated enough, Carly’s step-mother Magnolia has just moved in with her, and her high school crush Jake is moving back to town. Will Jake reject Carly as her husband did? Will she be able to run the spa by herself? Will Magnolia ever leave her alone?

Note that this book is only available in e-book format. If you don't have an e-reader, you can download a free version for your computer from either Amazon (for Kindle) or Barnes & Noble (for Nook).

This book is bittersweet, as the title indicates. Diann Hunt crosses a light romance with the serious issues of breast cancer. As a cancer survivor herself, Hunt handles the issues of recovery with humor and grace, adding a depth to Carly that most romances omit. The result is like dark chocolate; a bit bittersweet, but a very satisfying read.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bittersweet Surrender.