Suzie Grogan's Reviews > Overcoming Health Anxiety

Overcoming Health Anxiety by David Veale

4201567
Jan 02, 12

Read in January, 2012

Health anxiety has blighted the last five years for me. It is common amongst cancer sufferers and possibly understandably so. I should have recognised that I was prone to worrying about my health even before my diagnosis and basically finding out my worst fears were realised compounded earlier issues.

I came to this book via the kindle store and I have two main concerns.1) The solutions it offers are not right for everyone with health anxiety, but they do rather make it sound as if to face your worst fears - eg visiting an oncology ward, reading books about people who are terminally ill etc is always a positive way forward. I have had cbt and the effect was temporary and all those memories are still stored in the old anxiety box somewhere and 2) the editing of this ebook is awful. Mis-spellings abound and the charts are almost impossible to read on a kindle - they are far too small to be useful.

I have given it three stars as there is some useful information in this book that will be helpful to many. But if you don't find it so, please don't think you are beyond hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overcoming Health Anxiety.