Sarah's Reviews > Your Marketing Sucks

Your Marketing Sucks by Mark       Stevens

Jun 25, 08

bookshelves: business, non-fiction

Listening to this book reaffirms the fact that I don't like marketing. It's pushy, in your face, and annoying...but it works if done well. Most of his points seem straight forwrd and make sense once explained. The emphasis is that to be an effective marketer, you must be an extreme marketer. This will never be me due to my extremely introverted personality, but extreme marketing paired with the right personality would definitly be effective. I found his chapter about marketing accounting to be interesting, but that's probably because the informatio was relevant to me in particular. Some of his ideas I would question from a managerial stand point. He suggested at one point that CVS should engage in offering a service when people call to renew prescriptions to ask what other items, such as shampooo, they may need, pull it, and have it ready when they get there. I would imagine the managerial difficulties of making a program like this work would not only be extremely difficult to pull off well, but would not be cost effective.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Marketing Sucks.