Deb Tyo's Reviews > The Running Dream

The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: realistic-fiction, sports
Read in January, 2012

PERFECT book to begin my 2012 reading year!

My seventh grade daughter wanted a book to read and chose this book off my holiday #bookaday pile. I figured I would not see this book back in my TBR pile in time to read it before I headed back to school. Imagine my surprise when a day or two later, she informed me that she finished the book. Not only had she finished the book, she was glowing. "This is my favorite book ever!" Ummm...what?! My daughter LOVES Percy Jackson. She is an ardent Rick Riordan fan.

You don't know my daughter, but I do. And I knew there had to be something VERY special about this book!

Today I started The Running Dream and finished. My daughter got it right. This is a wonderful story that I will be sharing with my students and reader friends. A must-read for sixth grade readers and older. A must-have book for the classroom library. Inspirational. Go Jessica! Go Rosa!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Running Dream.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sherry I love this book. My students love it. And several parents have read my copy as well.

message 2: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Tyo Sherry - I read the copy from our school library. I will be ordering one for my classroom library ASAP!