Glory's Reviews > Knowing God

Knowing God by J.I. Packer

5642072
Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading, christian, christian-doctrines, own
I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knowing God.

01/01 page 15
5.0% "Lord, let me be moved by this book, and inspired to know You more. I had a wonderful talk with my sis about our careers and my impossible dream of didactic historical films. Lord, if it be Your will, let me be able to do that so I can teach people to know You more..."
02/03 page 27
9.0% "The difference between knowing God and knowing about Him. We would all do well to really try to understand Him - as the Person He is. And good point on trying to cultivate meditation in one's life, as opposed to just prayer: Meditation, thinking about God and yourself and considering His attributes. I should do that more often."
02/26 page 43
15.0% "God as an exalted king or statesman, a good comparison, which should make us pause to consider what a privilege it is to serve Him."
02/29 page 65
23.0% "I felt wonderfully willing to receive the instruction this time around, as I sat with R in the quiet of the bedroom. The lacking of truth and divine glory in images, the complex wonders of the Incarnation. All very worthwhile and wonderful. So nice to learn about God, not just how He relates to you. O glorious old fashioned Christianity!"
04/04 page 75
26.0% "The Holy Spirit -- interesting how Christians don't think about the third person of the Trinity. He is so important -- as our Comforter in today's time until Christ comes again."
show 4 hidden updates…