Karie's Reviews > War

War by Sebastian Junger

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: military
Read in December, 2011

Having spent a lot of time interviewing veterans this book really opened my eyes to the connection, dynamics, consequences, and emotional pull and push that war and combat is to a veteran. Junger describes things so well and in a way that only a person who has been through combat can relate but as the reader you almost feel as though you get it, but then again you really can't unless you've been through it. Many a veteran has tried to explain it to me but has been at a loss for words. Junger puts those e-motions, experiences, and mental and emotional chords together in words for those who've been through it and for those of us who have not but need to know what it's all about. This book was not political, not bias, it just proves what we've all seen for centuries as we've read and watched men give their lives for a a cause greater then themselves and for those serving with them. Junger by far is an incredible journalist who risked his life in a way to speak for those boys who served and lived and those who served and died in the Battle Battalion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War.